About Dawn Cermak: Dawn is an entrepreneur for 32 years, and is currently on businesses #9, #10 & #11. Her first company was a Special Event Design and Production company, which she grew, sold, and then bought back.
Dawn has been involved in a leading health and wellness network marketing company for 14 years and is a multiple 7-figure earner.
Dawn’s current focus is Hey Taxi, a “passion project” and business she launched during the pandemic in 2020, where she supports female entrepreneurs who are growing their businesses online with actionable tools and training to scale their businesses faster, make more money, and keep more of what they work so hard to earn by being proactive in their business tax strategy
Dawn has 4 children, ages 15-32, and lives in Clarksville, MD, when she is not out and about in the world! She has lived in Barcelona and London, is an avid world traveler – and can’t wait to continue exploring other places and cultures
In this episode, Jennie and Dawn discuss:
- The first thing Dawn needed before launching her business
- The myths about owning a business
- The importance of dressing professionally
- Tracking your mileage
- Having someone you trust to tell you that your products work is an important part of starting a business. Then, increase your understanding of your product or service. Customers are more likely to trust you if you are honest and eager to share the benefits of your products with them.
- Your business is actually a business and not just a hobby, and whether or not you’re incorporated, you can still deduct these business expenses. Finally, just because you only made a small profit from your business does not mean it is not worthwhile. There are some things to consider, but you are still potentially a business.
- Your image is essential in direct sales. Looking professional can help you gain respect, boost your confidence, and gain the trust of potential customers.
- Keep track of your mileage. You can write them down, or you can use mileage tracker apps to ensure you’re tracking your miles correctly—this can help you get the biggest tax break and put more money back into your business.
“That possibility (working anywhere in the world) is what you’re creating for yourself and your family if you so choose it. But you have to be committed and you have to do the do because it doesn’t happen overnight” – Dawn Cermak
CONNECT WITH DAWN CERMAK:
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Facebook personal page: https://facebook.com/jbellingerPL
Facebook podcast page: http://facebook.com/BadassDirectSalesMastery
Facebook group for Badass Crew: https://facebook.com/groups/BadassDirectSalesMoms
Personal Instagram: https://instagram.com/jenniebellinger
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.