About Cheddy Matthews and Michelle Wickman: Cheddy is a leadership and business development and growth strategist and coach that helps leaders stretch and grow in order to reach their full leadership potential. As a retired U.S. Marine with over 20 years of distinguished worldwide service, he has always had a desire to help people reach their goals. Michelle Wickmann, on the other hand, is a mindfulness coach for entrepreneurs and high-performance athletes. She is a certified life coach at Wickman Wellness, LLC applying over 17 years of training, people development, and coaching towards getting her clients UNSTUCK in their lives and careers.
Cheddy and Michelle are the hosts of The Winning Inside Podcast, a podcast where they chat, share and interview individuals who share their expert advice, opinions, and lessons learned about the different ways to grow and fly with their audience.
In this episode, Jennie, Cheddy, and Michelle discuss:
- The art of accepting “no”
- Categorizing your “people to reach out list” in direct sales business
- Closing a sale
- The importance of having a coach
- Hearing “no” and experiencing losses in business is normal. It’s all part of the adventure and journey. What matters is that you show up and be the greatest version of yourself at the time, as well as being present in the situation. And a “no” is not always a final notice, sometimes it’s really a “not now”.
- The three types of people to contact in business are those who will surely say “no,” those who will say “maybe,” and those who will say “yes.” Begin with the no list. If you get that many no’s in the beginning, they have less of an effect on you because you’ve had them in the beginning.
- Closing a sale is more of a commitment than a close. If you have a service, a product, or anything else that will bring value to someone’s life, you owe it to them to share it with those who might benefit from it.
- Business is not a destination; it is a consistent journey. Coaches will help you stay focused and helps you stay aligned.
“If you try to force things on people, the force meets forces – it kind of repels. But if you do what you did, you open the opportunity for them to see the opportunity and walk into that thing.” – Cheddy Matthews
Follow Winning Inside at:
Connect with Cheddy Matthews:
Connect with Michelle Wickman:
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.