About Anthony Garcia: An expert in sales training, recruiting, goal achievement, and motivating sales people to peak performance. As an 18-year veteran of sales and sales leadership, Anthony has achieved top accolades in direct sales, business to business sales, and medical sales. He is the author of the international best-selling book “Catapulting Commissions” which has been endorsed by Selling Power Magazine as one of the best sales books to read in 2021. Anthony is a key-note speaker who has shared the stage with Les Brown and Jack Canfield. He is a highly sought after speaker who’s passionate about unlocking the high-performer lying dormant in every sales professional.
In this episode, Jennie and Anthony discuss:
- How the journey from direct sales to coaching and best-selling author is like
- What can be better than setting S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Reverse-engineering your big goal to make it more tangible and attainable
- How you can make doing sales phone calls less dreadful
- Set your expectations clearly
- Dream big. Then, dissect your goals into smaller and smaller pieces until it doesn’t scare you anymore
- When doing phone calls, find a common ground and build a relationship
- Money should not be your main motivation – think of it only as what your hard work will allow you to do
“’Chop wood, carry water’ – put the reps in and eventually you create a sustainable ecosystem. That is what keeps you from your 1 to your 10 in direct sales. There is growth that can happen, we just stop putting the reps in.” — Anthony Garcia
Connect with Anthony Garcia:
Anthony’s Book, Catapulting Commissions:
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.