About Shereese Alexander: Shereese Alexander is a Business Networking Coach who helps entrepreneurs create profitable partnerships through authentic connection. Shereese went from being a Ph.D. candidate at an Ivy League school to being homeless in New York City at the height of the 2008 recession. That experience taught her that, while achievements and degrees are something to be proud of, human connection is the most valuable asset a person could have. Now she teaches entrepreneurs the power of making a micro-impact, one person at a time, in order to grow their network and their business.
In this episode, Jennie and Shereese discuss:
- Developing and making meaningful connections with people.
- Learning how to network effectively in a way that builds business.
- The importance of communication to being successful in the world.
- Mistakes that people make in networking.
- Build a business without spamming people so you can feel good about it.
- Be authentic and genuine, care about the person more than the business.
- Don’t focus on the product focus on the person, meet that person’s need.
- Business to business referrals close at a higher rate than friends and family referrals.
“Doing everything yourself is not how you get to the leaderboard in any area of life.” — Shereese Alexander
Connect with Shereese Alexander:
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Kristen Braun
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.