About Holly Cervini: She is passionate about supporting an underserved segment of the business world, our overburdened senior leaders, in how they lead and how they live. These high achievers appear to be getting along swimmingly and yet are often treading water furiously and perilously beneath the surface, gradually sinking over time. Those she serves are under so much unhealthy stress that they dread going to work and their physical and mental health is suffering. Holly coaches them to avoid burnout by recalibrating their priorities and renewing their sense of well-being so that they can become heroes of their organizations. She works for an executive coaching organization and is also a functional medicine health coaching scholar.
In this episode, Jennie and Holly Cervini discuss:
- The true meaning of “coaching” and how to help people experience well-being
- What are Positive Emotional Attractors and Negative Emotional Attractors – scientifically proven to be real and common to each of us
- How you can hack your brain and motivate yourself by organizing your thoughts into two categories of PEA and NEA, and feeding your mind with PEA
- The difference between intrinsic motivation and extrinsic motivation and which one is better
- Both Positive and Negative Emotional Attractors are essential –
- Our vision has to be grounded in our Positive emotional attractors, in order for us to have an enduring, long-term motivation to change.
- We have to spend disproportionately more time in positive than negative emotional attractors. Give five positive feedback for every one negative criticism, both to others and yourself.
- There’s nothing wrong with extrinsic motivation, but you can’t completely rely on it – intrinsic motivation is more effective and lasts long-term
“In our own minds, we want to be always bolstering positivity, bolstering the vision, the “what if” and what’s resonating.. .” — Holly Cervini
Connect with Holly Cervini:
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Blubrry | Podcast Index | TuneIn | RSS | More