About Kim Speed: She is a brand visibility expert, a speaker, a trainer, a recipient of the 2019 Most Influential Business Woman in Brand Development. She’s also an Amazon best-selling author of “Branding on a Shoestring: How to Re-Create Your Small Business Identity and Increase Sales Results in 83 Days or Less”.
In this episode, Jennie and Kim discuss:
- The difference between brand and branding
- Knowing who you serve
- Creating your own one-liner
- Communicate your difference
- A brand is what you stand for, your belief, your values, and your reputation. Branding is how you communicate that reputation, be it through your logo, your font, your colors and the like.
- You’re not gonna sell to everyone. Take some time to identify and define who it is you want to serve and communicate that inwardly and outwardly.
- Create your own one-liner when someone asks you what you do. Talk about your ideal client, what you do for the people you serve, and how they benefit from your business. Don’t kill the conversation by stating your “job title” plainly, in a boring way.
- Find something that will make you stand out from the others in your field. It doesn’t have to be a big thing, it could be something seemingly small, just as long as it’s different. Communicate that difference and be memorable.
“You are one in a sea of many, so you still have to go out there and let people know who you are. You can’t hide behind your computer, you can’t hide in a crowd. If you want to make sales, you gotta let people know who you are.” — Kim Speed
Sign up to receive your FREE downloadable copy of Branding on a Shoestring by clicking on this link: http://brandingonashoestringbook.com/
Connect with Kim Speed:
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.