About Jen Lyman: Jen has been a dietitian since 2014 and has worked in a variety of healthcare settings, and now is the owner of New Leaf Nutrition, a nutrition counseling company that puts clients first. She created New Leaf Nutrition to give simple solutions. No more constantly being hungry. No more weight loss to just gain it all back. No more chasing the next fad diet. With her, you get easy-to-understand, straightforward help. She identifies goals that are mentally and physically healthy for you and creates a path to get you there. Jen makes eating easy.
In this episode, Jennie and Jen discuss:
- The benefits of nutrition therapy and nutrition counseling.
- Nutrition guidance, not the food police.
- Fullness and satisfaction are different, eat some protein!
- Utilizing a meal planning Instacart duo to save time and money grocery shopping.
- A ten-minute conversation with a therapist isn’t going to change my life. You have to show up and do the work every week.
- Be aware that you have more options than just the choices that your doctor is referring you to.
- Keeping food at home helps you to “be your own parent” by eating at home and not using take out.
- Support your immune system by taking vitamin D.
“Nutrition and taking care of yourself with food is the ultimate form of self-care.” — Jen Lyman
Mentioned: Mealime App
Connect with Jen Lyman:
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Kristen Braun
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.