About Mark Herschberg: From tracking criminals and terrorists on the dark web to creating marketplaces and new authentication systems Mark had spent his career launching and developing new ventures at start-ups, Fortune 500’s, and academia. He helped to start the undergraduate practice opportunities program dubbed MIT’s Career Success Excelerator where he teaches annually. At MIT he received a Bachelors in Physics, a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, and a Masters in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science focusing on cryptography. At Harvard Business School Mark helped create a platform to help teach finance at prominent business schools. He also works with many nonprofits including Techy Youth and Plants a Million Corals. He was one of the top-ranked ballroom dancers in the country and now lives in New York City where he is known for his social gatherings including his annual Halloween party as well as his diverse cufflink collection.
In this episode, Jennie and Mark discuss:
- Attributes of a successful business.
- Workplace skills that we were never taught.
- Interpersonal skills, communication tips, mental models, negotiating, and networking.
- Recognizing ethical challenges in the workplace.
- Be sure that you are doing most of the work and making things as easy as possible for your client.
- Prepare, plan, and rehearse for a negotiation with your “negotiation partner.”
- Build and grow your business by improving each of your skills 3-5% at a time.
- Leading instead of manage while successfully hiring qualified people to build your team.
“Small changes will have a massive long-term impact on your success.” — Mark Herschberg
Techy Youth https://www.techieyouth.org/
Plant a Million Corals http://plantamillioncorals.org/
Connect with Mark Herschberg:
Book: The Career Toolkit: Essential Skills for Success That No One Taught You
Download The Career Toolkit App:
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Kristen Braun
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More