About Kimberly Weitkamp: She is a Conversion Copywriter, Marketing Strategist and Podcaster. As the creator of The Audience Converter Method and the host of The Audience Converter Podcast for community leaders, she helps community leaders, coaches, and course creators convert their audience from strangers to loyal fans. Kimberly works with her clients to put the right message in front of the right person at the right time, especially, in emails. She loves talking marketing, travel, and all things sci-fi.
In this episode, Jennie and Kimberly discuss:
- What is copywriting?
- For people who are “not good writers”
- Presenting your genuine self
- Alternatives to product-focused marketing
- Copywriting can be another term for marketing writing – it’s when you put your message in front of the people that want to buy from you and asking them to take that next step.
- There’s no such thing as “marketing speak”, when you’re make a copy for your brand or business, use your genuine voice, be authentic.
- When you put out a message out there that’s different from who you are, people will feel cheated when they finally meet you – that’s why it’s important to speak your genuine voice when copywriting or making any marketing material.
- Instead of focusing on what you sell, you can focus on what you can do for other people.
“Your voice is what’s going to sell your self – is what’s important in your marketing, because your marketing is you. So your marketing should sound like you. .” — Kimberly Weitkamp
Connect with Kimberly Weitkamp:
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.