About Cynthia Height: Cynthia is an author of a women’s empowerment blog and network marketing rep of a beauty brand helping women step out of their shadows and truly shine. She is a natural storyteller, enrolling people into her mission and vision, and helping others see what is possible when they say yes to opportunities to be the biggest, brightest version of themselves. She weaves stories into her content to tell not only about her journey but to share about the journey of others who are on the road to greatness.
In this episode, Jennie and Cynthia discuss:
- How Cynthia got into the world of storytelling
- Using story to build your network marketing business
- The five-step framework for writing your story
- The power of sharing your story
- Storytelling is one of the best ways to connect with people because it’s where people get to know, like, and trust you. From there, your impact will grow.
- You can build your brand by telling your own story. Let them get a sense of who you are, what your struggles are, and your experiences, and they’ll feel connected to different parts of your story since it resembles something they are experiencing as well.
- Writing a story means hooking your audience, taking them into your struggle, sharing the cure, sharing the transformation, and making them believe that they can have the same transformation.
- When each of us shares more of ourselves, it gives all of us permission to be ourselves, and all this will come from sharing your story. You may flop every time you put yourself out there, but your skill and belief will grow.
“Being able to share the little vulnerable parts of you like parts of your past that people will relate to, that’s where the customers are going to come from. That’s where the connections are going to come from.” – Cynthia Height
The Art of Storytelling Guide:
CONNECT WITH CYNTHIA:
LinkedIn URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cynthia-height/
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Facebook personal page: https://facebook.com/jbellingerPL
Facebook podcast page: http://facebook.com/BadassDirectSalesMastery
Facebook group for Badass Crew: https://facebook.com/groups/BadassDirectSalesMoms
Personal Instagram: https://instagram.com/jenniebellinger
Show Notes by Podcastologist: Angelica Rayco
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Blubrry | Podcast Index | TuneIn | RSS | More