About Deborah Woods: Deborah Woods, National Certified Counselor, has spent more than 15,000 hours playing with kids. With 30+ years of experience, she’s worked with hundreds of kids and their moms, dads, and grandparents. Deborah discovered playful connection makes the biggest positive impact on a child’s life.
Deborah faced overwhelming struggles raising a son with special needs. She discovered that connection and play were the keys to reducing their stress and empowering kids with great people skills.
In this episode, Jennie and Deborah discuss:
- Learning how to play with your kids in a way that helps them express their feelings, relieve their stress.
- How letting your child find their own solutions to challenges empowers them and allows you to step back and enjoy the process.
- Supporting your child in play by allowing them to lead and noticing what they’re doing in a way that doesn’t interfere with their process.
- The power of one-on-one time with a parent, even just once a week for 30 minutes
- Each child is the expert on what they need to express in play.
- Play therapy is much more powerful when done at home with parents who have been trained in play.
- Children who are allowed to make kid-size decisions and enabled to learn on their own terms are more likely to become self-sufficient, confident, empathetic adults.
- It’s not just the children getting the benefits, the parents are also learning skills that help them to relax.
“When you learn the simple concept of a kid-size decision versus a mom size decision, that notion by itself can give you so much peace. There things in your child’s life that it really is okay if they decide, and you don’t have to worry about it.” — Deborah Woods
5 Easy & Proven Steps Struggling Moms Need Now: DeborahWoodsPEACE
Connect with Deborah Woods:
Website: Home: Play Therapy for kids
Facebook (company): facebook.com/deborahwoodsncc
Facebook (personal): Deborah Woods
Instagram: Deborah Woods, Counselor & Mom (@reachingdeb)
LinkedIn: Deborah Woods – National Board-Certified Counselor
Phone: (636) 795-3155
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Twitter: Jennie Bellinger (@jenniebpl)
Website: Badass Direct Sales Mastery: Home
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More