About McKinley Oswald: For the past 25 years, McKinley Oswald has been heavily involved in working with direct sales companies and industry leaders to help them achieve success. His full-time contributions at Verb began after graduating from the University of Utah in 1998 when he became involved in the culture and direction of Sound Concepts (the company that was acquired by Verb in 2019). Although it originally started with kit assembly and cassette duplication, the company has now progressed far beyond that to offer a diverse lineup of sales-enablement tools and marketing services on the Verb digital platform. In his role as President of Direct Sales, McKinley has worked with hundreds of direct sales companies to help enable their field to succeed.
In this episode, Jennie and McKinley discuss:
- An essential companion for business
- Technology should be easy
- Gamifying to create habits
- Connecting to your team
- Technology has been business leaders’ constant companion, it’s a great tool for training and communications. Growing your business will mean that you embrace growing technologies.
- New technology shouldn’t have to require a Ph.D. to operate, it has to be approachable and easily operable for it to be effective.
- Gamifying difficult or repetitive tasks is a good way to create and sustain good habits.
- Being connected to your team, being present in their milestones, and following up on each new success is essential on growing your team and your business as a whole
“The tools had to do the work… they allow the individual to become the messenger and not have to be the message.” — McKinley Oswald
Connect with McKinley Oswald:
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.