About Scot Conway: Scot Conway, “Grandmaster Scot With 1 T,” started martial arts in 1971 and earned the rank and title of Grandmaster after 45 years. He is the author of 44 books (all of which can be found on Amazon), teacher of 33 programs, and he’s been seen in magazines since the 80s, as well as newspapers, radio, television, and even a movie. Also a lawyer, real estate broker, pastor, Ph.D., J.D., and generally person-with-a-crazy-resume, which he attributes to his super-powers of ADHD and dyslexia. Today, “Grandmaster Scot” or “Scot With 1 T” is best known outside of martial arts for The Ohana Way and his courses, coaching, and masterminds related to Ohana, a Hawaiian ideal of everything-positive-about-family.
In this episode, Jennie and Scot discuss:
- Ohana coaching, family, and lifestyle.
- What is in my customers, employees, and the community of OHANA’s best interests?
- Trust through communication and connection.
- What’s the “win-win?”
- Ohana is family.
- Oasis: be a refreshing refuge, a person people feel safe with.
- Harmony: infinite diversity and combinations aimed at greatness.
- Assertiveness: moving forward on purpose with respect for others.
- Nobility: be your highest and best self.
- Aloha: love, hello, and goodbye. Seeking the best for each other and being positive on purpose. “I want the best for you, I want to be the best for you, and I want you to have transcendent joy.” -Scot
- Use the OHANA way to resolve conflict and have hard conversations. As a leader it’s your responsibility to get this communication started.
- Finding the “win win” for the people in the conversation or just agree that there’s “no deal.”
“We are all on the same side. We are all here to help each other.” — Scot Conway
Connect with Scot Conway:
Facebook: Scot Conway
Website: ScotWith1T.com, and guests can download a copy of The Ohana Way Report. By joining the Ohana, they can also get a copy of the full book: The Ohana Way, a One Conversation Method Masterclass, and some other bonuses!
LinkedIn: Scott Conway
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Kristen Braun
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.