This episode is sponsored by VidYard. Go set up your complimentary VidYard account at https://vidyard.com/badass
About Mimi Maclean: She’s a serial entrepreneur, a business school grad, a CPA, an angel investor and a host of the Badass CEO Podcast. She started the Badass CEO Podcast to share everything she learned from investing in successful companies and from working with incredible female founders. Through their courses, blog, and podcast, you can learn excellent business strategies, how to persevere through struggles and what it takes to start and run a company. Straight from women who have disrupted industries and turned opportunities into wins.
In this episode, Jennie and Mimi Maclean discuss:
- The similarities between direct sales and traditional business management
- Struggles and challenges you will encounter when doing direct-sales
- Dealing with rejection and maximizing results with good mindset techniques
- Wearing different hats and juggling priorities
- People can see through you when you’re selling your product, that’s why you have to genuinely believe in your product.
- Sales is a numbers game. If you want to have one client, you have to ask ten people.
- Don’t be afraid to ask people that you hold less or no expectations of. Count the “no’s” instead of the “yes’s” – set a goal of 100 no’s per month.
- When setting up your priorities, don’t neglect family – structure your life in a way where you can be productive at work and able to spend time with your loved ones.
“You have to have that passion for your product and if you don’t have that then you’re not selling the right thing.” — Mimi Maclean
Check out VIDYARD by clicking this link: https://vidyard.com/badass
Connect with Mimi Maclean:
Listen to her podcast: https://thebadassceo.com/#listen
CONNECT WITH JENNIE:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.